Do you desire a healthy life, but feel like the road to that lifestyle is an impossible one? The truth is that a life of vitality and energy is within your reach. If you're willing to take a few simple steps toward your dreams, they can become reality. And this can happen quicker than you might think!
Follow these strategies to begin experiencing the healthy life you deserve, starting today:
1. Change your dietary habits. Small changes can make a big difference. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, for example. Choose whole-grain foods, and eat as much fiber as possible. Cut back on the sugar.
2. Stop smoking. Certainly you already know the health risks of smoking. Quitting smoking offers you many wonderful consequences. You'll experience smells that might have been absent from your life for years. You'll breathe easier and have more energy. If you smoke, the most powerful thing you can do for yourself and your family is to quit.
3. Reduce or eliminate alcohol. Drinking occasionally is okay. But binge drinking is harmful to your liver and other organs. Drink responsibly by limiting your intake of harmful alcoholic beverages.
4. Drink plenty of water. Water detoxifies your body and provides cells with much-needed hydration. If you feel low in energy, you might be surprised at how effective a glass of water can be at perking you up. Low energy is often a sign of dehydration. Drink water when you wake up, before each meal, and as often as you can.
5. Keep your body "regular." Maintaining a regular bowel habit will produce lots of energy and make you feel healthy.
- Eat greens as often as possible to keep yourself regular.
- Fiber also helps your body to flush out toxins and fat. Eat as many whole grains, fruits, and vegetables as possible to add as much fiber as you can to your diet.
6. Exercise. Incorporate physical movement into your lifestyle for added energy and confidence.
- Try going for a walk at least 30 minutes a day, cleaning your house, gardening, or playing outside with the kids.
- Exercise increases your heart rate and respiration rate, providing more oxygen to your cells.
7. Keep your mind fresh and healthy. Read as often as possible. Play mind games, like crossword puzzles and logic problems. Challenge yourself to games and recreational activities that are outside of your comfort zone. A fit mind works in tandem with your fit body to help you create the lifestyle you crave.
8. Stay up to date with your doctor visits. Most family doctors recommend that you see them at least once a year for a routine physical. Other checkups, like regular prostate or breast exams, may be recommended more often. So check with your family physician.
9. Get plenty of rest. Everyone needs a different amount of rest. For most, a minimum of 6 to 8 hours of quality sleep is a must for optimum health.
10. Hang around with like-minded people. If you want to be healthy, spend time with people who are healthy. Seek friendships with people that consider their health a priority in their lives. Spend less time with people that sit around all day and more time with active people. If you do, you'll have a tendency to become healthy like those people.
A healthy life is within your reach. If you follow these simple strategies and remain patient, you'll see, feel, and experience the amazing benefits of the healthy lifestyle you deserve.
Ten Tips for a Healthy Life
Good health helps bring about success.
I take care of each aspect of my entire being. When I pay keen attention to mind, body, and soul, I am more successful in life.
Practicing good health makes a favorable outcome for each endeavor more probable.
Taking care of my body means giving it a good combination of exercise, rest, and a healthy diet. Those things contribute to good health.
Having a healthy body helps me withstand challenges. Physical trials rarely intimidate me. I know that my body is strong and able to counteract them. Being in good physical health is a blessing beyond words.
Being mentally strong allows me to brush aside difficulties that test my resolve.
I build my confidence and self-belief through affirmations. When I look in the mirror each morning, I remind myself that I am a champion. I know that I have what it takes to do well.
Maintaining my mind and body in good condition is crucial for keeping me competitive.
I welcome competition because I know that I am ready for it.
Today, my health is my utmost priority. Taking care of each aspect of my existence makes me a formidable human being. The challenges of life are more manageable because I commit to equipping myself with the natural strength to overcome.
1. How do I practice good health at home and at work?
2. What are some of my daily activities that are likely contributors to ill health?
3. How do I know how far to push my body and mind before they break?
Good Health Makes
Room for Successful Endeavors
Daily rituals and positive habits can enhance your life and increase your success.
Take a look at the following list and circle any areas of need:
- You stretch or work out every day
- You stay focused on your goals each day
- Your routine is consistent and deliberate
- You find time within the day for yourself
- You find something to look forward to after work
- You under-promise in order to over-deliver for daily tasks
- You spend more time doing what you want rather than what others expect
- You take time to eat regular meals away from your desk
- You get enough sleep
- You go outside during the day to get some Vitamin D from the sunlight
- You connect with people you love daily
Are you kind to yourself?
Some of the most generous, caring, and wonderful people in the world forget to look after themselves too. However, if you’re not giving yourself the kindness you deserve, you can’t expect to enjoy a healthy level of emotional and spiritual wellness.
So, how do you show yourself some much-deserved kindness?
Like most things, the transition often starts with something small. You can start by simply recognizing when you’re having a difficult day and giving yourself permission to experience your emotions freely.
Consider these simple steps you can take to be kinder to yourself:
1. Forgive yourself. This might seem simple, but it’s often the hardest thing for many people to do. When someone we love makes a mistake, we’re keen to jump in and forgive them. Yet somehow, we’re often too hard on ourselves and refuse ourselves that same forgiveness.
- Although you might not be able to automatically forgive yourself as quickly as you’d like, it’s important to start practicing as quickly as possible.
- The next time you find yourself being angry with something you’ve done, said, or thought, take a step back. Ask yourself how you would respond to a friend who had done the same thing. If you would forgive someone else, try to forgive yourself too.
2. Nourish your physical health. Nourishing your physical health requires a constant commitment. However, it doesn’t have to be as complicated as it seems.
- For example, the next time you have lunch, ask yourself if you can choose the slightly healthier option. If you’re too tired to make something from scratch, ensure that you have some frozen meals ready to go, instead of picking up some fast-food.
- Think about how you can add small bits of extra physical activity into your day too. For instance, could you walk to the store rather than driving there? Not only will you get some extra exercise, but you’ll also save money on fuel and reduce your impact on the earth too.
3. Get help when you need it. It’s easy to assume that you’re on your own when it comes to dealing with difficult things. However, help is often around if you’re willing to ask for it.
● If you’re struggling at work with a range of tasks that are too much for you to handle on your own, speak to your boss and ask for guidance.
● If you’re worried about your anxiety levels or mental health, don’t hide in your room and try to “get over it” on your own. Speak to a therapist or talk to your doctor about your options. Getting the right help when you need it can save you weeks and months of pain.
4. Spend time with loved ones. Want to make being kind to yourself seem easy? Spend some time with the people you love. They’ll automatically treat you with the compassion you deserve and help you to see why it’s so valuable to look after yourself.
- If you’re beating yourself up about something, your friends and relatives can also make it easier to look at the problem from a different perspective.
- Human beings are naturally social creatures. Spending time with others is one of the best things you can do to make yourself feel good and nurture your emotional health. It’s also a great way to prevent yourself from isolating when you’re feeling down.
5. Add self-care to your calendar. We often find it difficult to carve time out of our busy schedules for self-care on a regular basis. If you’re struggling to find time to look after yourself, it might be worth adding a dedicated “self-care” day to your routine. Mark it into your calendar just like a meeting at work.
- During your self-care day, you can do anything you like to make yourself feel good. This might mean having a nice bubble bath and reading a book or watching your favorite movie. Self-care can even involve exploring things like deep breathing and relaxation.
6. Sleep well. Ensure that you get enough sleep each night. 7-9 hours is an opportune amount for most adults.
- Sleep quality counts too. The better you sleep, the more you’ll be able to handle the everyday challenges you face, without feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
- Have a relaxing bedtime routine, a dark bedroom, and a comfortable bed. Avoid screens, alcohol, caffeine, or a heavy meal shortly before retiring.
- Finally, when you want to give yourself an emotional, physical, and spiritual boost, grab your blankets. Some extra sleep can sometimes be a crucial part of resting and recharging in your day-to-day schedule.
Being kinder to yourself comes with a host of benefits! Do something nice for yourself each day, and soon you’ll be enjoying it as a regular part of your daily routines.
6 Easy Ways To Be Kinder To Yourself
Health Discovery Now © 2022 - All Rights Reserved
This site is not a part of the YouTube website or YouTube Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by YouTube in any way. YouTube is a trademark of YouTube, Inc.
DISCLAIMER: The website's content is based upon the author's opinion and is provided as an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Proper due diligence is always recommended before starting any type of programs. When searching for information regarding health issues please review the information carefully with your profession health care provider before using any of the protocols presented on this website and/or the product sold here. The author is not engaged in rendering medical or similar professional services or advice via this website, and the information provided is not intended to replace medical advice offered by a physician or other licensed health care provider.
Thank you and enjoy!